An update from my previous mock. Who I think will go where and a brief reason why.
1. Indianapolis Colts – QB Andrew Luck – Stanford
2. Washington Redskins – QB Robert Griffin III – Baylor
3. Minnesota Vikings – OT Matt Kalil – USC
Steve Hutchinson replacement.
4. Cleveland Browns – RB Trent Richardson – Alabama
Browns have not had consecutive 1,200 yard seasons from a running back since Leroy Kelly in ’67 and ’68.
5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – CB Morris Claiborne – LSU
Physical corners needed in NFC South.
6. St. Louis Rams – WR Justin Blackmon – Oklahoma St.
Possible piece for a rebirth of the Greatest Show on Turf.
7. Jacksonville Jaguars – WR Michael Floyd – Notre Dame
Tall receivers can make tall quarterbacks with a habit of over-throwing look good.
8. Miami Dolphins – QB Ryan Tannehill – Texas A&M
Mike Sherman, your NFL coaching career could depend on this recommend.
9. Carolina Panthers – DE/OLB Melvin Ingram – South Carolina
Drew Brees, Matt Ryan, and Josh Freeman would know the name Melvin Ingram in a hurry.
10. Buffalo Bills – OT Riley Reiff – Iowa
Protect your investment, Buffalo.
11. Kansas City Chiefs – NT Dontari Poe – Memphis
Kansas City can keep their linebackers free with a quick plug like Poe in the middle.
12. Seattle Seahawks – LB Luke Kuechly – Boston College
From coast-to-coast and now sideline-to-sideline.
13. Arizona Cardinals – DE/OLB Courtney Upshaw – Alabama
Arizona needs a pass-rusher for their 3-4 defense.
14. Dallas Cowboys – S Mark Barron – Alabama
Does Jerry get the Bama player he really wants?
15. Philadelphia Eagles – DT Fletcher Cox – Mississippi St.
DeMeco Ryans approves this pick.
16. New York Jets – OLB Whitney Mercilus – Illinois
Tom Brady can’t complete passes on his back.
17. Cincinnati Bengals – CB Stephon Gilmore – South Carolina
Secondary reinforcement is on its way.
18. San Diego Chargers – OT Jonathan Martin – Stanford
Phillip Rivers is looking for a new friend to give him more time to throw.
19. Chicago Bears – DE Quinton Coples – UNC
Two former Tar Heels would tandem as NFC North terrors.
20. Tennessee Titans – OL David DeCastro – Stanford
Munchak talks the front office into this pick.
21. Cincinnati Bengals – DE Chandler Jones – Syracuse
Will Mike Brown listen to Lewis or Gruden for this pick?
22. Cleveland Browns – QB Brandon Weeden – Oklahoma St.
Holmgren realizes he needs a big arm with the Colt McCoy experiment seemingly over.
23. Detroit Lions – CB Josh Robinson – UCF
He doesn’t carry a nasty streak but is a need for Detroit.
24. Pittsburgh Steelers – OLB Nick Perry – USC
Something tells me they are ready to groom someone behind James Harrison.
25. Denver Broncos – CB Dre Kirkpatrick – Alabama
Denver added some youth with the signing of Tracy Porter, but they need more because Champ Bailey isn’t getting any younger.
26. Houston Texans – TE Coby Fleener – Stanford
Houston has surprised many this off-season with the trade of Demeco Ryans and release of Eric Winston. They will continue to surprise with the pick of Coby Fleener.
27. New England Patriots – DT Michael Brockers – LSU
New England needs someone who can disrupt on the line to go along with Vince Wilfork.
28. Green Bay Packers – OLB Vinny Curry – Marshall
Green Bay is shopping for another pass-rusher to team with Clay Matthews.
29. Baltimore Ravens – OL Cordy Glenn – Georgia
Cordy Glenn provides versatility to a line with question marks.
30. San Francisco 49ers – WR Stephen Hill – Georgia Tech
San Francisco adds speed and height to a receiving corps that disappeared in last years NFC Championship game.
31. New England Patriots – OLB Andre Branch – Clemson
New England is lacking a pass-rusher and Branch would fit.
32. New York Giants – OT Bobby Massie – Ole Miss
Eli gets to share stories about The Grove with another former Rebel.